When our community and our allies continue to come together, we remain STRONGER TOGETHER. We will be TRULY UNSTOPPABLE in 2024!
- We are still energized and inspired by the amazing presenters, award winners and attendees from our LGBTQ+ Champions Awards Gala that was held on December 15th, 2023. We were able to partner with the newly launched Maryland LGBTQ+ Foundation, and our keynote speaker was our own Board Member, Tony Hill. The messages from all of our Gala speakers resonated with how far we’ve come, and what we can learn from the past, and how we must remain vigilant, active and yet hopeful in the present, so that we can successfully advocate and achieve our goals in the future.
- A continuing effort is being made with Governor Wes Moore with direct conversations with Deputy Chief of Staff Lucinda Ware and Senator Mary Washington at the MD State Legislature to ensure inclusion of LGBTQ+ Businesses in Maryland through the hopeful 2023 passing of Imari’s Business Pride Act which would recognize LGBTBE’s with the State of Maryland Minority Business Enterprises.
- As the recently passed Respect for Marriage Act highlights, we have won some battles but we must continue to be vigilant as we are seeing our rights at risk every day. This will only become more important during the coming election cycle. The Chamber will continue to have an increased visibility in the advocacy space going forward. We look forward to working with our partners in the community to get this accomplished.
- Last year we officially changed our name to the Maryland LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce! We have added the “Q+” to be more inclusive of all identities and to better represent the way our membership identifies.
- We’ve recently added Eric James to our Chamber team as our Membership & Engagement Coordinator, where he’ll be able to work closely with members and sponsors. Eric will be working with Kate Hull, our Programming & Events Coordinator, who works diligently to plan comprehensive and interactive events for our members, sponsors and community partners all year long. We are very excited to have Kate and Eric working together for the betterment of the Chamber and we appreciate all of their hard work and creative energies.
Thanks to our sponsors and our members who are so important to the Chamber. Because of you, we can continue to accomplish anything we set our mind to!”