Terri L. Hett
She | Her | Hers
When our community and our allies come together, we are all STRONGER TOGETHER. We are TRULY UNSTOPPABLE!
- We will be replacing the LGBT in our name with LGBTQ+. We are doing this so it will be more representative of our membership. You will see this along with rebranding in time for PRIDE 2023.
- We will be hosting our annual Business Expo on September 7th and featuring many workshops, including one for NGLCC Certification that will help businesses navigate the process of becoming approved and certified LGBT-owned through the NGLCC.
- Concerted efforts have been made with Governor Wes Moore with direct conversations with Deputy Chief of Staff Lucinda Ware and Senator Mary Washington at the MD State Legislature to ensure inclusion of LGBTQ+ Businesses in Maryland through the hopeful 2023 passing of Imari’s Business Pride Act which would recognize LGBTE’s with the State of Maryland Minority Business Enterprises.
- As the recently passed Respect for Marriage Act highlights, we have won some battles but we must continue to be vigilant as we are seeing our rights at risk every day. The Chamber will have an increased visibility in the advocacy space going forward. We look forward to working with our partners in the community to get this accomplished.
- We are really excited to be hosting events like our LGBT+ Champions Awards Gala on December 15th, 2023 alongside the newly launched Maryland LGBTQ+ Foundation.
- We will be holding Educational and cultural workshops and partnerships with other local, LGBTQ-focused organizations to create large knowledge bases.
Thanks to our sponsors and our members who are so important to the chamber. Because of you, we can accomplish anything we set our mind to!